Love them or hate them Mince Pies are a well-established Christmas tradition, perfect with a cup of tea or glass of Prosecco, although in the Team building Company team anything goes with Prosecco!
So if you fancy impressing the in-laws, granny or mums at school then here is our suggested recipe.
Soft butter 260g
Caster sugar 140g
Double cream 20g
Egg yolks 2
Plain flour 340g
High quality mincemeat 500g approximately
- Make breadcrumbs from the butter, sugar and flour by rubbing them between your fingertips.
- Mix in the cream and yolks and combine slowly until a smooth paste has formed, do not over work the pastry as you want it to be a short dough.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes in a cool area or fridge then roll out and line muffin trays using a plain or fluted cutter, fill the centre with mincemeat (about half way. Do not overfill as the mincemeat will ooze out and be unsightly) place a smaller lid or star pasty lid from the pastry trimmings and make some pastry holly leaves if you wish.
- Bake at 170oC in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes ovens may vary,
- Immediately dust with caster sugar once the mince pies come out of the oven and leave to cool or eat hot with clotted cream!
Teambuilding top tip add 2-3 tablespoons or to taste of rum the night before to your mincemeat.
But if all else fails then my personal recommendation, is put your feet up, pop on Elf, and enjoy a very acceptable Mince Pie from the local bakery….